FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement?
Under our Tenancy Agreements you have six months of Assured Shorthold meaning under the first six
months, unless you accrue rent arrears you have a fixed period of tenancy. However, this also means
you are fixed into an agreement to pay for the first six months of rent. We do recommend that you
read your tenancy agreement carefully and if necessary, seek legal advice, as it is legally binding.

2. What happens if I want to leave?
If you want to leave your property, there is a simple process to follow. Be aware you need to be out
of the six months Assured Shorthold period, as you will be liable up until the term end. You need to
give one month’s written notice. This can be done by email or letter. Following that we will meet you
at the property to collect the keys. Should you then want you deposit back, please give written notice
saying you wish this returned in part or full. If we believe you are entitled to an amount or full deposit
back, we will make this payment which can take up to 10 days. We can deduct from the deposit for
things such as, but not limited to, unclean property, damages, or unpaid rent.

3. Can I get a pet?
Unless agreed, you cannot harbour pet/s at your property without permission from the landlord. We
may sometimes allow pet/s in our properties, depending on the property. If you do not seek the
landlord’s permission and harbour a pet/s you are in violation of your Tenancy agreement.

4. What happens if I require or loose a key/or if I get locked out?
If you happen to require or loose a key for your property, there is a £15.00 charge fee per key. This is
because they are a security key/s meaning they cannot be cut locally. Also, they must be specifically
ordered, made, and delivered. If you happen to lock yourself out of your property, there can be a
charge for a member of our staff allowing you back in. This charge can depend on the day of the week
and time of which it occurs and how often.

5. What happens if my rent is late, or I am unable to pay?
If you are late on your rent payments or unable to pay, please contact us to let us know. We would
prefer to talk to you to work out an arrangement such as a payment plan. The only alternative is
written warning and eventual notice to evict like a Section (21) or (8).

6. Can I redecorate my property?
You can redecorate if you wish to. However as stated in your Schedule of Inventory & Condition
agreement – ‘upon leaving the property any aesthetic changes to the property including, but not
limited to painting/wallpaper/fixed units etc. must be changed back to the original of the property
upon moving in. Otherwise, you will forfeit a necessary monetary value from the deposit to change
this back to its original condition’.


If you happen to have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us on (01502)
730055 or email info@pdea.co.uk